How to cure allergy to alcohol

Allergy to alcohol: with what embarrassing disorder to have grown up. Give me asthma, hay fever, migraine, call it, but not an allergy to alcohol. At least with the other ailments you can sit, relax and have a drink to forget the existence of your ailment – but with this particularly annoying form of allergy, you can’t even do it!

The term alcohol allergy is quite broad and has been used colloquially to describe a wide variety of alcohol-related ailments ranging from simple alcohol-related headaches and nausea, facial flushing and more severe hives, and even in the most extreme cases, convulsions and unconsciousness.

It should be made clear at the outset that if you are in the latter category of seizures, unconsciousness or any potentially lethal symptoms, alcohol is not for you. An allergy specialist may or may not have the cure for you, I don’t know. But what I do know is that while a cold beer on a hot sunny day can be a pleasant experience, it’s not worth risking your life.

If, however, you don’t fall into this category and your alcohol allergy is simply causing unpleasant symptoms such as red face, headache, nausea, itching, etc., then maybe there are some things you can do to reduce and some cases totally eliminate alcohol allergy symptoms every time you consume alcohol.

First of all, know what you are drinking. Alcoholic drinks are made up of a plethora of different ingredients ranging from grapes, yeast, potatoes, rice, plums, etc. In addition, in some cases, egg and seafood proteins are sometimes used in the production process of some alcoholic beverages to remove fine particles from the liquid. Each of these ingredients can be the cause of the alleged “alcohol allergy” rather than the alcohol itself.

So the lesson to learn here is: Know your allergy and know your alcohol. If you have a grape allergy, don’t drink wine. If you have a yeast allergy, don’t drink beer brewed with yeast. It seems simple enough when using simple examples, but this does not negate the importance of knowing exactly what you are drinking, also because of the particular clarifying agents used in the production process if you have egg or seafood allergies.

Secondly, if you have some type of alcohol intolerance, including an allergy to alcohol, then the speed with which you consume and drink alcohol is of paramount importance in determining how intensely you will experience your alcohol allergy. Think of every drink as a poison. Your body is equipped with the necessary tools to defend itself from this harmful substance that enters your body but can only operate at its own pace. For some people this is very fast, and they are the luckiest ones who can slam down 5 beers in a row and dance in a night club feeling good and dandy. If you’re like me and like the rest of the people who most likely read this article, you probably can’t slam down 5 beers in a row without spiraling into a nightmare full of throbbing headache symptoms, extreme redness and swelling of the face, unbearable itching. , etc. etc.

For us, drinking requires a very precise judgment on how much or how little we can consume before our symptoms begin to manifest, and if this is a sip, then it is a sip. The skill is getting used to knowing exactly how much to drink and when to stop – again, if it’s after a sip, then it is. For some it could be 1 beer, others 3 sips of beer. For me it was about 1 quarter of beer before I stopped drinking and let my body do its part while metabolizing alcohol.

Source from:
https://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Cure-Alcohol-Allergy&id=4854817

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *