Humans in general are not allergic to animals; However, some with hypersensitive immune systems can become allergic to animals. Since most of us have cats or dogs in our homes, it is very likely that any allergy due to animals is caused by a dog or cat.
Causes of dog allergies
People can be allergic to dog hair, saliva or urine. Since most dogs urinate outdoors, the most common causes of dog allergies are saliva or hair. Dander is the dead skin shed by the dog. Many times, pollen that sticks to dogs’ coat can also cause allergies to people sensitive to pollen.
Types of allergies to dogs caused
Proteins that cause allergies (allergens) from dogs can cause sneezing, nasal congestion, runny nose, coughing and shortness of breath, wheezing and severe asthma attack. Skin problems like, red rashes. You may experience headaches or fatigue. If dogs’ hands are touched directly to the eyes, it can also cause itching and watery eyes. Several people can experience one or more types of these symptoms.
Sometimes, you may mistakenly consider an allergy caused by the dog. It is therefore important to check that the allergy source. To do this, the easiest way is to keep the dog two to three months away from home. During this time, clean your home properly. Wash all walls, floors and steam clean carpets. Clean all furniture and covers on doors and windows. Allow air to pass through the house to remove allergens that may be suspended in the air. Cleaning the allergen house may take more than three months. During this time, check for allergy symptoms. After 3-4 months, if necessary, bring the dog into the house and compare the symptoms. This will give you an idea if the allergy is due to pets or something else.
Prevention of dog allergies
1. Allergy to dogs is primarily caused by hair, so controlling hair can help reduce the possibility of dog allergies. Here are some steps you can take to minimize allergy risks
2. Bathe your dog once or twice a week. It is better for the dog to get used to the bathroom from an early age, since the dog will resist later. It is better to give the medicated bath for dogs, or you can use a dog shampoo.
3. Take a proper bath after bathing the dog or after cleaning clothes, beds and other things for dogs.
4. Do not allow dogs to enter bedrooms and in no case allow them to get on the bed.
5. Spray anti-allergenic powder in all places where the dog lives.
6. In times when there is no pollen outside (some people are allergic to pollen), they open the doors and windows, so that the air passes through the house.
7. Put a sheet on the furniture and the seat before allowing the dog to sit on them. The leather sheets are the best.
9. Use air purifiers for HEPA environments, as they are ideal for people suffering from asthma and other dog allergies.
10. Finally, provide your dog with a good multivitamin and fatty acid diet. This will keep the dog free of disease. Every body loves a healthy good-looking dog.