Energy drinks are a $ 10 billion industry in the United States and are expected to grow exponentially over time. The target market seems to be teenagers and university students, for whom Rockstar is marketed. However, I observe consumers of all ages and sorts who drink these drinks wherever I look. This concentrated supply of caffeine and energy gives people the push they are looking for to get them through the day. But is Rockstar seriously serving them? Is this drink healthy?
Here I will talk about the main ingredients you should familiarize yourself with Rockstar:
– Artificial caffeine content: Rockstar contains 160 mg of artificial caffeine in each can. To put it in perspective, a can of pop soda offers only about 35 mg of caffeine.
– Milk thistle: the thought behind this ingredient is that it will probably reduce the intensity of hangovers, allowing the liver to digest alcohol first. It is not known whether this actually works. Milk thistle also has a small antioxidant value.
– High sugar content: there are actually 140 calories and 31 grams of sugar in a can of Rockstar energy drinks!
– Ginseng and Ginkgo: herbs to stimulate energy. Allergic symptoms and stomach pain are possible with these herbs, but they are safe for many consumers.
Guarana: usually in diet pills, this South American herb promotes energy, but can cause serious side effects if consumed in large quantities. Side effects can include nausea, headache, seizures, irregular heart rhythms and anxiety. Do not take with aspirin because it can increase the possibility of bleeding.
– The Rockstar energy drink also contains numerous synthetic components.
Due to the high caffeine and sugar content, Rockstar is simply not safe for ingesting large quantities of. In case you have any of these conditions – diabetes, heart disease, obesity or hypertension, this drink is actually an exceptionally poor option for you. All in all, branded energy drinks including Rockstar are not a healthy way to get energy.
These drinks, with their strong stimuli and high doses of sugar, can offer you not only the “nervousness” every time you consume them, but they will surely also lead you to an accident immediately after that will make you feel much more worn than before. Moderating caffeine in the diet is definitely essential in order not to become addicted to these products. Parents: Please limit the caffeine energy drinks consumed by teens … With today’s bans on Red Bull in Norway, Denmark, Uruguay and Iceland, we should be careful what we drink!